IT solutions for Nuclear Industry
SmartFuel is a solution providing means of registration, control, planning of and reporting on the cycle of nuclear and non-nuclear elements on the NPP premises. It consolidates different information from various departments of the NPP, enhances the traceability of the nuclear fuel and supports decision-making.
The basic features of the system include:
- Storing information about both nuclear and non-nuclear objects
- Nuclear fuel deliveries
- Fresh fuel containers (incl. movement history, deliveries and content)
- Both nuclear and non-nuclear elements (incl. location, integrity and pressurization control and movement history)
- Specific information about fuel assemblies (incl. isotopic composition, gas sipping test results, burn-up depth and decay heat)
- Fresh and spent nuclear fuel casks (incl. movement history and content)
- Nuclear fuel cycles (incl. participating fuel assemblies and cycle power history)
- Defining types, sorts, profiles and enrichment of fuel assemblies
- Interactive fuel patterns of zones, casks and containers.
- Interactive planning, plan validation and plan execution of object movement in/between zones and casks/containers
- Reporting based on past, current and planned state
- Predefined reports for common scenarios
- Advanced reports for specific needs
- Multiple user authentication mechanisms
- Basic username/password authentication
- Active Directory integration
- Batch importing of data
- Importing decay heat information for multiple fuel assemblies
- Importing burn-up depth information
- Importing pressurization control and gas sipping test results
- Exporting in multiple formats
- Export of every data tables in PDF, Excel, CSV and text formats
- Generation of element and container passports in printable PDF format
- Flexible authorization
- Support for user groups
- Role-based access control per zone
- Context-based help pages
- Multilingual interface
The version currently available supports1:
- Two reactor types and their specific types of elements and business logic:
- VVER-440: fuel assemblies, hermetic containers, nozzles, shield assemblies, stoppers and storage racks
- VVER-1000: burnable absorber rods, control rods, control rod casks, dummy control rods, dummy fuel assemblies, fuel assemblies, hermetic containers and stoppers
- Kozloduy NPP’s zones and their layout, including:
- 3 fresh fuel storages
- 4 VVER-440 units and 2 VVER-1000 units
- 1 spent fuel storage facility
- 1 dry spent fuel storage facility
- Three languages
1 The solution is developed with extensibility in mind. Any of the mentioned features could be changed depending on customer’s requirements.
On the technical side, the solution features:
- Web-based interface
- Supported for all major browsers2
- No specific web server is required
- Allows easy deployment and upgrade, and instantly availability to all users
- Multiple deployment scenarios
- Deployed on premise, in the “cloud” or in Docker
- Allows manageability and high availability
- Lightweight and scalable
- Supported for multiple platforms3
- Support for multiple RDBM’es
- Supported for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (and above)4
- Support for PostgreSQL and MySQL/MariaDB upon customer request
2 Supported for recent versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
3 Some features as not available or limited on non-Windows platforms, such as Active Directory integration and fuel pattern export and storage)
4 The solution is also tested with Microsoft SQL Server on Linux.
Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul for NPP
Archimed MRO is a MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaoul) Client/Server software, designed and developed for safe, reliable, stable and predictable maintemamce work in the areas of energy, transport and infrastructure.
Archimed MRO provides automation in planning, implementation and monitoring of all maintenance activities, both for capital and emergency repairs, based on the Configuration changes.
The solution has been developed after the requirements of IAEA, and is proven in real life on site inside Metsamor Nuclear Power Plant of Armenia.
Archimed MRO is capable to handle very big amount of data and related transactions:
- Equipment: more than 25,000 items, practically unlimited
- Locations: 300, practically unlimited
- Rooms: 300, practically unlimited
- Spare parts: more than 50,000 per year, practically unlimited
- Process systems: 150, practically unlimited
- Personnel: 1,000, practically unlimited
- Departments: 50, practically unlimited
- Work-orders: 200 per day (outage peak value), more than a 1,000 peak value
- Storage of historic data: more than 20 years
At the same time, Archimed MRO allows precise tracking of costs and helps making a correct management decisions. Developed after the nuclear energy standards, Archimed MRO provides advanced tools and capabilities for agile custom development, stable and reliable operation, easy access to content and flexible integration for open data exchange.
The basic functionality of Archimed MRO is divided into subsystems which provide easy to follow workflows, based on customer's role.
Archimed MRO manage data and automate processes in the following areas:
- Equipment management - storing data in a structured way for the specifications of technological systems, machines, buildings and premises, resources and components. Defines the structure of the equipment used and the technical elements, their location, current staturs, MTBF records, rapair history and changes;
- Planning the maintenance activities - provides the relevant data for building plans for capital repairs, preventive maintenanace, renovation along wiht planning schedules and periods. Manages the data of the types of maintenance and repairs from the planning stage to the stage of reporting. This subsystem is the major one, as it generates the requests for materials and spare parts and necessary human resources for the implementation of repairs, etc.;
- Operational management of maintenance and repairs - store and manage the work orders for repairs and maintenance, and generates reapir reports. Allows testing of equipment and keeping the test results data. Alows system-admission access control of technical personnel to certain areas and equipment.
- Management of technical staff - provides data on registration of personnel associated with repairs by storing information about the position, qualification, division and others. It provides an opportunity for planning staffing needs, planning of employment, personnel control and analysis of personnel skills.
- Inventory Management - allows managing warehouses and inventories, providing operational and spread information. To provide operations admittance and discharge of materials, removal from storage in a warehouse, a report on serial numbers, quality management, inventory, etc.;
- Administration - a module for securing the control of system parameters. Supports wide set of control tools for modification, archiving and monitoring the activity of users. Provides access control by creating different user profiles and roles;
DAVID Holding Co. is providing the engineering & EPC companies with engineering and services since 1996. Working closely with partners and customers, customers, DAVID Holding Co. is providing effective solutions and engineering services for design and manufacturing in power & heavy industries and transportation, power generation, infrastructure and manufacturing.
DAVID Holding has built up its trusted reputation of responsible partner in engineering and manufacturing automation market. At present time, (January 2017) SpaceCAD provides the full spectrum of solution and engineering service for the design and manufacturing companies:
- Product design ((Intergraph, Bentley Systems, SIEMENS NX)
- FEM/FEA & CFD simulation (Intergraph, COMSOL, SIEMENS FEMAP/NASTRAN)
- Process simulation and optimization (ESI ProCAST CAE)
- Product lifecycle management solutions (trough SIEMENS Teamcenter)
- Other, engineering related
DAVID Holding has adopted and supports ISO 9001:2000, ISO 27000 and ISO 20000 certified workflows for product design that guarantee the quality of our engineering services through:
- Risk analysis and risk prevention planning
- Phase/gate project management
- Information security control
- Service infrastructure and process safety
- Customers' requirements tracking and industry standards compliance
- Third party copyrights respect.
Referent services (short list):